lunes, 9 de marzo de 2015

I only saw my grandpa once. When I was young, an old man came to my house, visited my father and told me about many marvelous things - the world, history, science, music. He gave me some cookies, and said my mother had made them for me. I never met my mother. Those were the best cookies I have ever had. Delicious. Later in my life I met a girl who made cookies very much like those I had tasted years before. They reminded me of my mother's. That girl became my wife. Eventually, I could -and had to- travel back in time. I would arrive in the past and speak to my father. I knew I would then meet my younger self. The perspective of an encounter troubled me. What should I say to him? And what shouldn't I say? Gold rule of time travel is to keep the timeline safe, everybody knows that. Funny enough my wife was ok and tried to calm me down. She made her special cookies for me. I didn't eat not even one. As I got to the past, went to my old house, talked to my father, met my younger self, told him about the marvelous things I liked, and gave him the cookies since he was hungry, I realised I was my grandfather. And no birth-paradox this time, but still very shocking.

(11/2014)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License